One of the most influential brands of our times, Knoll has spent decades producing highly innovative designs that have gone on to become classics. The 1940s and 50s saw Knoll putting such still-loved pieces into production such as Eero Saarinen’s enveloping ‘Womb’ chair and Harry Bertoia’s elegantly transparent ‘Diamond’ collection. In 1948, Mies van der Rohe granted Knoll the exclusive rights to manufacture his iconic ‘Barcelona’ collection.
But Knoll is more than just a heritage brand, and is still setting the design agenda today. In the 1990s it launched Frank Gehry’s bent maplewood designs; in 2013 David Adjaye’s ‘Washington’ collection; and, the following year, Barber & Osgerby’s line of sofas. At Knoll, experimentation is key.
Which is why we’re getting very excited about Knoll’s Sample Sale, with up to 70% off some classic – and some modern – designs.
Star Buys include:
• Pfister Sofa 3 Seat Sofa
RRP was: £6480 – sale price: £1999
• Saarinen Side Table in white laminate with white base 41cm diameter RRP was: £708 – sale price: £199
• Saarinen Side Table in Arabescato marble with white base, 41cm diameter RRP was: £1032 – sale price: £349
• Saarinen Dining Table 137 diameter in walnut veneer with white base RRP was: £3900 – sale price: £499
• Schultz side chair in white RRP was: £1092 – sale price: £399
• Saarinen Side chair in fabric with black painted legs RRP was: £912 – sale price: £249
Where: 91 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7EX
When: Saturday 17th November
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm